Here’s some good news for all the AIIMS aspirants!
As per the latest media reports, the prestigious AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences) has decided to increase its Intake from the existing 72 to 100 in its Under Graduate Programme from the 2017 admission session.
In addition to that, AIIMS has increased the intake of Foreign Nationals from 5 to 7 in its MBBS program from the 2017 admission session.
Currently, the total intake of AIIMS, New Delhi for the UG course is 77, comprising 72 Indian Nationals and 5 Foreigners.
Excerpts from the opinions of AIIMS Director MC Mishra
- Addressing the occasion of Foundation Day of AIIMS, AIIMS Director MC Mishra expressed that AIIMS has grown highly in strength in its sixty years of journey through the dedication and efforts put in by the former directors in shaping the Institution.
- He added that the Institute has progressed tremendously with time in terms of both Academics and Service Delivery.
- The Director added that the management has decided to increase the Institute’s UG intake and ecstatically announced that the Institute will be admitting 100 students in the UG Course from the 2017 admission session.
- He further added that the Institute had already increased the Intake for the DM (Doctorate in Medicine) and MCh (Master of Surgery) programs by approximately 90 percent. The director added that they have been consistently expanding facilities in their Masjid Moth campus and have added 1800 beds at the Trauma Centre.
- The director stated that the Management is targeting 6,000 beds for AIIMS in the next 10 years.
- He further revealed that the percentage of reserved seats under different categories would remain the same.
Views of AIIMS Registrar
- AIIMS Registrar Dr. Sanjeev Lalwani expressed that the relative share of seats meant for the SC, ST, OBC and PH categories would remain the same and will not be subject to change.
- The Registrar added that the UG Intake of AIIMS, Delhi will be increased as the regional centres have intake of 100 students each but have no seats for the Foreign Nationals.
Set up in 1956, AIIMS has 6 regional centres situated in Patna, Bhopal, Jodhpur, Bhubaneshwar, Rishikesh and Raipur in addition to its main campus at New Delhi.
Stay Tuned for More Updates on AIIMS!