The counselling process is another very critical aspect of 2016 JEE Main. Only the candidates who will qualify the JEE MAINS will be eligible to appear in JEE Main 2016 counselling process. The JEE Main 2016 counselling will be conducted tentatively in the month of July. The counselling will be conducted for admission to NIT’s, CFTI’s and other government and private engineering colleges.
Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) is expected to conduct the counselling for JEE MAINS 2016. Earlier, Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB) used to conduct counselling process for JEE till 2014 but in 2015 representatives from CSAB and Joint Admission Board (JAB) formulated JoSAA for executing the entire counselling procedure. Entire counselling process will be conducted in online mode.
Starting from the form filling to confirmation of seat the entire process will be online. However, it is difficult to declare whether this year also the counselling of JEE Main 2016 will be managed by JoSAA or not. The official declaration will be made soon regarding this issue
Click on this link to check JEE Main Counselling.
Allotment of seats will be purely based on the merit which means that the candidate with better score has higher chances of getting a seat in the desired college.
Process of the counselling is explained step by step as given below
Step 1 –Registration
- Access the JEE Main 2016counselling on the official site.
- Fill in the asked details.
- Pay the counselling fees.
Step 2 –Choice filling and lock the choice
- Log into your account during the choice filling round
- Mark the choices among the available options of colleges in decreasing order of
- If once locked choices will not be altered
- Fill maximum possible choices
- Lock the choices in time
- Choice locking will be done after every round of counselling
- Candidates can upgrade their choices in successive rounds of choice filling and choice lock process
Step 3 – Seat Allotment
- Allotment will be done purely on the basis of merit
- Counselling and seat allotment will be conducted in multiple rounds
Step 4 – Reporting to Allotted Institute
- Candidate has to report to the allotted institute with all the required documents.
In the case of spot round, seat allotment is possible only if there is a vacant seat from the previous rounds of counselling.
Candidates registering afresh have to fill the choices and lock choices.
JEE Main Counselling – Necessary Documents to be presented
- Admit Card (JEE Main 2016)
- Rank Card (JEE Main 2016)
- Class X & XII mark sheets and passing Certificates
- Hard copy of confirmation page
- Migration Certificate
- Passport size photographs taken recently
- Character Certificate
- Category Certificate (If Applicable)
Recommended Reading : Expected JEE-MAINS 2016 Cut-Off